What does an accountant DO all day???
Thanks to my delightful 13 year old for asking what DOES Mum do all day, but she might not be the only one thinking this ... drink tea and count beans is NOT an appropriate answer!! You can always count on your husband for a helpful answer!! His attempt at humour wasn't what she wanted, so ... What does an accountant DO all day???
Right now it's January and the self assessment deadline is looming fast so that's the bulk of my time, but it's not all I am doing, I have other work too that I do for clients on a regular basis:
- Accounting support for businesses:
- Management accounts and reporting
- VAT returns
- Payroll reporting
- Online accounting software support
- Company accounts and corporate tax returns
- Business advice and help
- Calls and meetings with both clients and potential clients
- Managing my own business:
- Business planning and development
- My own accounts
- Keeping up to date with my support team: social media and marketing, virtual assistant and payroll administrator.
- Keeping up to date with legislation, accounting standards, tax rules etc
- And drinking tea ... Lots of tea!!!I
- Plus finding time to NOT work too :-)
See, not just counting beans!!! No two clients are the same and that's what makes it interesting as every bit of work is different.
Likewise, no two accountants are the same either so if you are reading this and want to find out more about what makes me and Simplified Accounting different then get in touch ... We're not all boring and in suits!!