Guest Blog - How to define your brand, a checklist
Another guest post today from my marketing manager Laura, who is here to chat about your brand. As you know she recently helped re-brand Simplified Accounting and is the brains behind my instagram feed!
We've packed off lots of clients on their summer holidays this month, and feel very lucky to be trusted with their brands whilst they are away (and okay, a teeny bit jealous too!). We've been given launches, blog posts, social media and newsletters and just LOVE getting under the skin of what makes these businesses tick!
When they know what they are passionate about, so do we. And that means we can shout about it on their behalf! WOOOHOOO!
But what if you don't know? What if your brand is missing something that means your posts just aren't hitting the spot?
Take a look at the check-list below. Are you and your team clear on these elements?
- Who you are - Who are you and what can you offer?
- Brand Statement -What is your mission?
- Tagline - Summarise the above!
- Ideal Client - Who are they and what do they want?
- Logo + reverse logos - suitable for all media, your logo should be your calling card.
- Colour Pallette - Which colours represent you? Do they pull through to your content?
- Typeography - And fonts? Are they consistent?
- Elements & Icons - Do you have any flourishes, graphics or icons that sit alongside your logo? Do you use them to illustrate your message further?
- Voice, diction & tone - How do you sound? Are you joke-loving and upbeat, or more corporate and serious?
- Digital Media Content & Hashtags - Have you done your research?
- Imagery - What pictures and graphics are representative of your business?
- Patterns & Textures - Backgrounds and aesthetics
- Props & Styling - Is there a style you'd like to adhere to?
- Media Templates and Layouts - Graphics for social media, website and print - are they the same across your channels?
At Anchor & Dash, we excel at calming the storm and turning your specialism into a brand message to be proud of. We’ll get you in front of your ideal clients and make sure you’re communicating with them in a way that resonates. If you have any questions about the above, leave a comment and I'll do my best to help!
Keen to chat about working together this September? Book a call with A&D here.